Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nature

There are many instances in which I have marveled at nature's wonder.  Being from a small town in Nebraska and also living around the mountains of Wyoming, I have seen open spaces instead of cities, all of the stars of the night sky, and the Northern Lights without any interference from city lights.  The instances that stick out most in my mind are the nights spent camping in the Snowy Mountains outside Laramie and the night my friend and I went to the Box Butte Reservoir to watch the Northern Lights.  Because of times like these, where I am able to revel at nature and appreciate all she has to offer, I hate living in DC.  Rarely can I see the stars here, which really sucks.  Night skies are amazing and the lights from cities ruin it all.  I love the mountains, the clean air, the view, and everything else Wyoming has to offer (except the people, Wyoming people are insane).  To pick one specific instance that made me love and understand why nature should be protected is impossible.  I grew up living around nature; every day was an appreciation of nature and natural beauty.  After living in a city for 2 years, I now understand why hermits live alone in the mountains.  They just really love the natural environment and hate people and what people have done to the environment.

No comments: